The earliest records date back to the 16th Century. The majority of these records are now held at The County Records Office in Worcester (email: RecordOffice@worcestershire.gov.uk )
Pershore Abbey (Holy Cross)
From 1540 to 1995 (Marriages)
Pershore St Andrews
From 1641 to 1941 (Marriages);
The majority of burials since 1876 have taken place at the Cemetery, Defford Road. Please address enquiries to email@example.com
Both the cemeteries associated with the Abbey and St Andrews are closed for burials; the Abbey Grounds are maintained by Wychavon District Council; St Andrews by Pershore Town Council.
Ashes are still interred in the Abbey Grounds and a Garden of Remembrance was established in 2008.
From 1559 to 2000 (Marriages);
From 1566 to1957 (Marriages);
From 1695 to1971 (Marriages);
Locally we hold the Registers that are still in use. We have limited facilities for giving access to these but can on request examine them for you. Please do contact the Abbey Office (tel: 01386 552071, email: firstname.lastname@example.org ). A contribution to our funds would be much appreciated.
For the names of those commemorated on a War Memorial at Pershore Abbey refer to www.rememberthefallen.co.uk/memorial/pershore-
In 1993 the BMSGH undertook a comprehensive survey of all the monuments and tombs inside in the Churchyard of both Pershore Abbey and St Andrew’s and these are now available through the BMSGH.
Please see www.bmsgh-
Please note that extensive alterations were carried out to the floor of the Abbey Nave, Chancel and the St Johns and Wick Chapels. The monuments are now below the modern floor.